The aim of this course is to ensure that personnel lift operators have received proper general training. Participants who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will graduate as a MOM-approved licensed personnel lift operator, and will be issued with a Personnel Lift Operator License valid for 2 years.
At the conclusion of this course, trainees should be able to:
- Select the appropriate MEWP for the task and conditions where it is to be used including the completion of a risk assessment for the task to be carried out.
- State the safety requirements under the Workplace Safety and Health Act and the Code of Practice for Working safely at Height related to MEWP devices.
- Carry out a Pre-start Inspection of the MEWP
- State Factors Affecting Stability of the MEWP
- Identify common hazards during traveling, setup, operation, and parking of the MEWP and their control measures.
- Conduct a Workplace Inspection
- State the Functions of all MEWP’s controls, including emergency controls and emergency procedures.
- Use Personal protective Equipment appropriate to the task, worksite and environment.
- Operate the MEWP safely as demonstrated in the hands on evaluation and assessment.
This course is designed for anyone that will use or operate a personnel lift.
Assumed Skills & Knowledge
- Employability Skills System (ESS) including Workplace Literacy & Numberacy Level 3 & above or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Physically fit with no handicap
- No problem with eyesight or hearing
- Not afraid of height
- NOTE: It is compulsory for trainees to bring along their own safety shoes, safety harness and safety helmet
Course Duration & Attendance
8-Hours total including 2-hours of assessment. 100% attendance is required.
50 Tuas Ave 1, Singapore 639527